Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wassup Rockers!

I went out to dinner at Barbeque Nation with Vishal, Sreejith, Sushama, Harsh, and Teja. It was delish! Endless skewers of meat and vege options!

Vishal is showing off his GIGANTIC prawn on a skewer:
Here’s Sreejith holding up random pieces of food from his plate because I made him pose for this photo:
Here are Harsh and the lovely Sushama. I can’t tell what is on Harsh’s skewer – but he looks totally triumphant, regal even…
Teja, a satisfied vegetarian, was very kind to bear this shameless massacre of innocent creatures on our skewers! =)

We had LOADS of skewers and kebabs. I thought we were done and proclaimed that I was full, but those were just the appetizers…we still had a full buffet to attack. My favorite part of the buffet was dessert…which isn’t unusual for me. They had mini gulab jamun that I was told to put on top of freshly churned vanilla ice cream. It was truly…decadent!

After dinner, we went to see “Jumper” at the Prasads IMAX. There were hundreds of people watching this American film at 11 pm on a Tuesday night! I think it was sold out…luckily my hosts had thought ahead and pre-purchased tickets online. As for the movie – it was action packed and a very cool concept. As for the acting, I think Hayden Christensen is the next Keanu Reeves, if you know what I mean.

Looking at the parking lot after the show – it was evident how many more people ride motorcycles (two-wheelers, as they are called here) – as opposed to driving cars. It looks to me like it is 75/25 on the side of two-wheelers.

Here are Harsh, Teja, Sushama, and Sreejith before we headed home after the show.
Thank you to these rockstars for taking me out for a great night out in Hyderabad! They were the kindest hosts…and such fun to be around!

1 comment:

JulieB said...

J-Ha -- How wonderful to have you back and posting, but how horrible for the reason of your long silence. I checked every day and figured that with your whirlwind travel habits, that you were just off having too good of a time to post things for us homebodies.

I hope all those miracle drugs are doing their thing and that you are back and able to enjoy the local gastronomy. Stay well; don't drink unbottled water. -- Julie