Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mango Pickle and Bollywood Music Videos on Lufthansa!

I was a little awed on the idea of getting on a plane in Oakland at 10 am on Friday and not arriving in Hyderabad until 1 am on Sunday.

No matter how you look at it -- das a loooong time, girlfriend.

I sat down in my seat on the Oakland to Los Angeles leg of the trip and the woman already sitting in the seat next to me was eating lettuce. She was eating lettuce directly from a big ol' head of lettuce! She had several heads of lettuce being stored in a big white garbage bag. Then she started eating hard-boiled eggs.

She thoughfully apologized to me for having to eat hard-boiled eggs on a plane. Special diet. I told her that I love hard-boiled eggs, which is true. Elaine sells Magic Water Wands and does frequency healings. She was headed to a health expo in Long Beach. I wish her the best!

The Los Angeles to Frankfurt leg was a little rough -- Michael Clayton was the inflight film. Bo, James, and Anita know what happened when I watched Michael Clayton the first time. So, I was out like a light, the second time as well.

But then, things turned right around as soon as I got on the Frankfurt to Hyderabad flight.

We had Bollywood music videos playing on the inflight monitors!







And, it seemed like they fed us constantly. Decent to good Indian food: cauliflower korma, saag paneer, perfectly done rice, all accompanied by DELIGHTFUL packets of mango pickle and mukhwas:

Namaste Lufthansa!

1 comment:

James Butler said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mango pickle and mukhwas