Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chaat at Raheja Mindspace

One of the primary reasons I came to India was to meet my colleague Ameet Kumar. He is the webmaster of the site that I do information architecture for at Oracle.

Ameet and I have spent many early Oakland mornings/late Hyderabad nights on web and teleconferences discussing the details of development on our website.

He has been such a pleasure to work with – and after meeting and collaborating with him in person – I feel like our communication bond has grown by leaps and bounds, even if we were together for just a few days. I don’t mean to state the obvious – but talking to someone on a teleconferences and sharing presenter roles ;-) cannot compare to meeting them in person!

Ameet and I went to the cafeteria on the first floor of Raheja Mindspace Building 8. Everyday, the cafeteria serves three types of dishes: North Indian, South Indian, and chaat. This day – I had the chaat!

Here are the guys who made my chaat – they were more than happy to pose while prepping the chaat!
The chaat I had here was unlike any chaat I have had in the states, like at Vik’s in Berkeley, for example. The chaat at RMS was a potato samosa…mashed up on that skillet you see in the photo. Then they poured a soupy sauce on it and topped it off with crispies! It was a surprising concoction to me – but very tasty:
Here’s Ameet – looking good!

It was truly wonderful to have the opportunity to meet and get to know you better -- thank you for your hospitality in the office and in Hyderabad!

No comments: