Thursday, February 21, 2008

Aishwarya Rai is My Homegirl

I am leaving for Hyderabad, India tomorrow morning. The primary reason I am traveling there is to attend the wedding festivities of my colleague and friend, Rohit, to his lovely bride, Srividya.

Congratulations to Rohit and Srividya!

I am also in India to work for the next week in Oracle’s Raheja Mindspace office in Hyderabad. I can’t wait to meet my co-workers there. Unfortunately, Arvind is going to be delivering training in Singapore this week, so I’ll miss meeting him.


At the excellent advice of my friend Annaji (he gives a LOT of good advice – about BPEL extensibility AND saris) I have requested the help of our colleague Priya in the Hyderabad office to help me find an appropriate set of saris and salwars for the upcoming events. Priya has graciously agreed! I am so lucky. Thank you, Priya...

It is odd that Annaji intuitively knew that if left to my own devices…I would buy something horribly inappropriate. Does Baby Phat make a sari?

I am now obsessed. I analyzed every sari and salwar I saw on my flights from Oakland to Los Angeles to Frankfurt to Hyderbad.

This is a Pandora’s box that may never close…

All I want is a sari that will make me look like Aishwarya Rai working in a cubicle at Raheja Mindspace. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

JulieB said...

So far, I love the blog!! But I fear that BUYING a sari is only 1/2 as hard as actually putting it on. You definitely need to get Priya to also agree to come to your hotel and wrap you up!!

I've gone the safe route and have only worn the salwars. They don't slip off and are intuitive to put on.

Priya Arun said...

Welcome to Hyd, J! :-)

And no, it's not too much to ask for to look like Ash! ;-) But you should know, the saree that she's wearing in that picture weighs around 2 kgs (that's around 4 pounds), not to mention the jewellery and other accessories! So if you're ready for that....

Priya
(http://thotprocess.wordpress.com)