Friday, March 7, 2008

Mehendi Dog!

The next morning, I decided to take the correct path to the beach to have the complimentary breakfast buffet and lay out a bit before going to Panjim and Old Goa with my driver, Vinesh.

I saw a lot of pretty flowers on my way:





The early morning beach was still relatively quiet. When I reclined on the beach chair, a pack of dogs arrived and lay down around me, including this one, which one of the beach shack workers told me a mehendi artist painted like a leopard!

The length of the beach is dotted with what are called "beach shacks." Basically, these are restaurants and bars that operate directly on the beach. You can see one off to the left in this photo -- it is literally, a shack:


I was ready for breakfast, so I headed to the Estrela Do Mar beach shack. They had baked beans in the breakfast buffet:


I put them on my plate for a photo op -- but couldn't bring myself to eat them. I had soggy toast instead and got revved up for my day of sightseeing!

No comments: